Employment Opportunities with Spectrum Autism Support Group
Spectrum Autism Support Group Assistant Director
Spectrum is looking for an experienced and well-spoken professional to assume the role of Assistant to the Director with a focus on Program and Event Coordination reporting to the Executive Director. The Assistant Director will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director with event planning and oversight, procuring silent auction items, attending Spectrum events, assisting with client phone calls, updating program manuals with needed details for sustainability of programs, assist with survey design, implementation and evaluation, developing relationships and partnerships in the community and a variety of other tasks as they are assigned. Learning the day-to-day operations and roles the Executive Director fills will be a critical component of the job to ensure knowledge is transferred and documented for succession when needed.
Spectrum offers a flexible schedule with some work being handled remotely. The Assistant Director will be assigned 20-25 hours of work per week with a pay rate of $18-$20 per hour based on experience. Some nights and weekends will be necessary for this position. There is room for growth in this position as Spectrum’s programs and community scope grows. This position does not include a benefits package.
- Coordination and support of Spectrum’s family events, fundraising events, and program events. This includes promotion of the event, set up and check-in at the event, overseeing event activities and handling any post-event requirements while staying on budget. Assists with Spectrum camps, social skills groups and family activities as needed.
- Procures silent auction items for Spectrum’s events. Assists with the auction process at the events. In addition, assists in securing sponsors for events.
- Attends local Resource Fairs as needed on Spectrum’s behalf.
- Attends monthly support group meetings and assists with AV and welcome table set-up, greeting and creating nametags for attendees, and gathering necessary data.
- Administers Spectrum’s scheduling and registration systems for events.
- Assists with social media promotion of events and programs and website updates
- Assists with client phone calls as needed to provide support and resources.
- Purchases supplies needed for Spectrum’s office and off-site events.
- Develop relationships and partnerships in the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Associates Degree or above preferred
- Knowledgeable about and/or having experience related to Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Previous experience with event planning and fundraising preferred; strong ties with community/businesses and having silent auction and sponsorship contacts a plus
- Social media experience with the following platforms: FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp
- Website experience in WordPress (Gutenberg)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Office programs including Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer programs and web based programs quickly
- Physical requirements include being able to lift 30 pounds, long periods of standing or walking during events
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact sensitively with culturally diverse clients in person, over the phone and through email
- Ability to represent Spectrum professionally among clients and in the community.
- Flexibility to work when needed (especially evenings and weekends). May require working in the office some Mondays and/or Wednesdays for approximately four hours per day. Rest will be remote.
- Self-starter with high energy and a positive attitude; desire to be innovative and proactive.
- Ability to pass a national background check, TB test and obtain a CPR certification